Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Back Ribs - finale (pics)

Options
DobieDad
DobieDad Posts: 502
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I started off the day with a really nice cut of beef back ribs (see post below).[p]I rubbed them with French's mustard and sprinkled DP Raising the Steaks all over.[p]The Egg was stabilized at 275°F and chips of hickory and cherry were filling the air with their perfume when I put the ribs on an indirect set up. I let the Guru take care of the fire.[p]Based on previous cooks, I expected these to be done in 6 to 7 hours. But I checked them after 4 1/4 hours and they were at 195°F and a fork inserted into the meat twisted with just a little resistance.[p]I pulled them out, wrapped them in foil and towels and put them in a cooler for the 2 hour wait to dinner time.[p]The aroma was killing us, but we waited.[p]Here they are just before taking them off the Egg.[p]BeefRibs_007.jpg[p]Divided and placed in a serving dish.[p]BeefRibs_011.jpg[p]And, of course, the requsite macro shot.[p]BeefRibs_012.jpg[p]These really were as good as they look. The meat was sliceable, the flavors fantastic.[p]If I learned anything from this cook it is that each piece of meat is different, and will cook differently. Said another way, it is done when it is done. No formulas will tell you the right time to pull the meat off the Egg. I also learned that I will be doing these again (so said 'She Who Must Be Obeyed' - for Rumpole fans).[p]If I would do anything differently on the next cook I would be more generous with Raising the Steaks. That seasoning is simply outstanding on beef, and I wanted more on these.[p]Thanks for letting me share this cook with y'all![p]Have a great rest of the 4th![p]DD[p]

Comments