Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quick Question!

Bamabob
Bamabob Posts: 246
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have some chicken breast strips marinading in some Yoshida cracked peppercorn and garlic sauce.I want to put them on some flat metal skewers I have and suspend them betweem 'on edge' firebrick.Should I cook direct (nothing under them) or cook over a pan on flat firebrick.Also plan about 300° temp. turning about 10 min.What do I need to do differently? Thanks in advance for help. Bob

Comments

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Bamabob, Since it's a 'Quick Question' and some of the more seasoned Eggers or those who have attempted this recipe may not chime in in time, I will just give you my recommendation based on my own experiences and history. If you are suspending the skewers between 'on-edge' firebricks and keeping things in the 300 degree range, I would say, go direct. That's not a ridiculous temp and the extra 4-5 inches above the grill attained by using the bricks leads me to that offering. Go with your gut instinct if in doubt, but that is my suggestion from 800 miles away...
    Good luck and enjoy (I am doing baked beans in a cast iron dutch oven on the Egg for first time; loooookin' goooood! as they say!)
    Great Saturday to ya,
    Qfan

• BBQfan1, I would second that...go for it.
    C~W

• Bamabob
    Bamabob Posts: 246
    BBQfan1,
    Thanks to you and C~W the chicken strips came out YUMMMMMY! cooked at 300 for 10 min. turned skewers over cooked 10 more minutes then painted on more sauce for last 4 or 5 minutes.The Yoshida peppercorn and garlic is a new flavor,it was good on the bird.'Preciate'the help. Bob

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Bamabob, I've learned to respect BBQF1's abilities..:-) He be a pretty good cook.:-)
    Yo da man for doing it..thanks!
    C~W