Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Recipe

Options
BlueSmoke
BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I found this recipe following a link to HEB, a grocer in south-central Texas. I've been laid up, and not able to cook, but this one (with home-made dough) is going into the Egg soon as I'm able. (Second time out, I think I'll substitute sauteed squid for the shrimp!)[p]Shrimp & Pesto Pizza
2 to 4 servings[p]1 package (12 oz) frozen Small Shrimp, uncooked, tail-off, peeled
1 Boboli thin pizza crust (10 ounce) or pizza dough for one 12-inch crust
1 package (7 oz) pesto with basil sauce, reduced-fat or regular
6 oz. crumbled Feta cheese
1/2 teaspoon black pepper [p]Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Place shrimp in a strainer. Rinse with cold running water 5 minutes. Thaw completely. Drain well and pat very dry with paper towel before placing on pizza.
Spread 1/2 cup of the pesto up to the full amount in the container over the top of the crust according to your taste. Top with shrimp.
Sprinkle with cheese. Season with pepper.
Place crust directly on oven rack. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until shrimp are pink and cheese softens.
Slide pizza carefully onto a cutting board or pizza pan to remove from oven. (For other types of crust, cook according to recommended baking time for the crust used.)[p]BS