Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Strange food - but great!

Options
Franco
Franco Posts: 88
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sunday I was without family, and for the most part without food. Found some pre-cooked frozen butt, a large green pepper, some frozen grape leaves and a hunk of blue cheese.[p]So without any desire to go to the store, I fired up the egg, then chopped up the thawed butt and broke up the blue cheese. Cut a hole in the top of the green pepper and threw in the chopped butt and cheese. Took some of the blue cheese and rolled it up in many of the grape leaves, with salt, pepper and some lemon, then coated them with olive oil.[p]After some indirect cooking they both came out great. The moral of this story is, even without much in food it still comes out great on an egg.[p]Frank

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Franco, wowser...thats some deeeeeeep thinkin. Amazing what ingenuity can do..specially if you know your way around the kitchen, I am still entering the door way..:-)
    C~W
    BTW..there were some blue cheese advocates with steaks..spread on after the charring.
    C~W[p]