Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Chops on the egg

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had some good groceries tonite. [p]Wife cooked fresh sweet/white corn that was picked by a friend yesterday. [p]Also, fresh green beans. [p]That was to go along with 1 1/4" thick pork chops cooked on the egg. [p]It was some kind of tasty.[p]Prepared the chops by putting some Natures Seasoning (by Mortons) along with some Blues Hog rub. Topped it off with just a little sprinkling of allspice just to give it a little flair. [p]Used a combo of hickory and cherry woods. [p]Cranked the egg up and did a high temp sear, and then dropped em down to around 300. Used my brand spanking new Thermapin to monitor when they were done (Thanks Mollyshark). [p]Used a little Blues Hog sauce mixed with another sauce I had in the Fridge. But honestly, the chops were so good, didn't need any sauce on em. [p]Only problem is didn't have/take the time to get my camera out of my truck. [p]Those chops looked good on the plate for about a minute. But wasn't long before they looked gone. [p]My wife loved em. We'll definately be trying that recipe again![p]Bubba T[p]Bubba T