Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Green (what else?) Banana Peppers..>>>????

Options
Char-Woody
Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a small basket of those to use up..and what good recipes are there for salads and other mixes to use em in..I did a internet search and came up with a pickling, but I want to use em fresh..Nice sweet pepper, Pizza?? Calzone?? others??
C~W

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    Betcha those babies are good in Sprinter's Calzones, The Colonel's stuffed chops, in a marinade with fish, stuffed in a beef tenderloin with a chili powder-based rub, on pizza, in a veggie grill-topper wok stir-fry with squash, vidalia onions and pineapple, or maybe stuffing them with crabmeat and cheese and smokin em??[p]Or even a stuffed boneless chicken breast with some beans and those peppers? Or jerked shrimp/pinepple/banana peppers on a skewer?[p]Or pickle em.
    Rambling.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Char-Woody:[p]I have grilled cubanelle type peppers by themselves on the grill. I remove the stem end and seeds, split, brush olive oil and season. Grill at anout 425º until your desired doneness.

• Char-Woody
    Options
    Nature Boy, Wowser.. you and Daryl came thru like the Eggcyclopedia BigEggania...!! Now I can fix em, probably like the grill method first then onward and upward...!
    C~W
    Thanks...these forum folks like you and Daryl "djm5x9" never cease to amaze me..Where in Deutchland is GFW..?? Off to the Carribean again??
    C~W[p]

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    We are the ones amazed!
    I heard Gfw was spotted at one of the hash dens in Amsterdam. Maybe not OUR Gfw though! Was hard to tell through the smoke.
    Cheers atcha sir!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Char-Woody
    Options
    Nature Boy, we hope he makes a fast return..his presence is missed. What some folks must consider, its the options presented thru variable cook interpretations that give them choice.
    Not that one has dominance over another.
    GFW has done a remarkable job on his website. An example to be admired.
    Hope he reads this..!!
    C~W[p]

• Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]The way we eat them is just like a biscuit, just wash and eat with your meal. Another way is to quarter them and allow to soak in vinegar along with some slices of cucumber with salt and pepper for about a hour before serving. [p]Zip
  • Char-Woody
    Options
    Zip, I did munch on a raw one for test purposes only..:-) Not bad..and I wondered then about some blue cheese dressing with it..I like that vinegar idea.. I will go make some up right now...chowser and tnx.
    C~W[p]