Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Country Rib Ideas

Options
Sundown
Sundown Posts: 2,980
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The last two times I did country ribs they were 'okay' not as spectacular as most goodies that come off Mr. Egg.
I need some ideas using, what else?...JJ's rub
cook times?
Direct/Indirect?
Dome temps?[p]Gotta keep trying till I get a really good batch

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Sundown,[p]"It's hard to make a silk purse from a sow's ear", to quote a quote. Country ribs are hard to make great - IMHO. They are from the shoulder and so are more like pulled pork butt than a real rib. Longer and slower cooks do better and a mop or BBQ glaze is needed to keep them drying out too much - since they are individually cut up. Cook long and slow then bump it up to 325-350 and burn on some sauce. [p]Tim
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Sundown,
    The recipe I posted a ways back has the method I use to cook them. 300-325 indirect for a couple/few hours, then diirect with the sauce to finish. They don't need as long as spare ribs. Just enough to cook soild through and some crust on the outside. The really long cooks seem to dry them out.[p]Use whatever rub hits your fancy. The sauce is important the last 30-60 minutes to caramalize and hopefully hold any moisture in the meat. Will be mor firm than a rib or butt, but they are really good.[p]I am assuiming you have the fatty kind of country ribs. If it is the lean "chop" type, a faster hotter cook works best.[p]Hope that helps a tad. Enjoy!!
    NB

[ul][li]Country Ribs[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ