Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Portabellas and Filet mignon

Options
EGGN S E KY
EGGN S E KY Posts: 16
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Portabellas.jpg
<p />Check out tonites concoction of 4 eggers and some beer and wine awesome portabellas along with 4 filets that were a side dish. Thanks for the Naked Whiz help with the ports steaks trexed at 550 for 8 min. Awesome dinner
[ul][li]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u210/bradingleinsuranceagy/Portabellas.jpg[/ul]

Comments

• Reb
    Reb Posts: 74
    Options
    EGG N SE KY,
    What recipe did you use for the mushrooms? They look great with some kind of cheese on them (?)

• Unknown
    Options
    Reb,Last night we did portellas thanks to tips from here. Drizzled with EVO then gill side down for 3 min, flipped over and put in a Tbl of pesto and a nice thick slice of mozzarella. cooked till melted and golden. UNREAL[p] [p]
  • Poodlemom
    Poodlemom Posts: 85
    Options
    Reb,
    We went with 9 portabella caps marinated in 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar and 1/2 cup EVOO for 30 min. Then we prepared the paste: small amount of collard greens the stems of the portabellas diced, green onion (3stalks), 1/2 jar of Sun dried tomatos diced, 8pcs of cilantro diced, 2T Evoo, 2T of olive oil butter squezze of lime splash of red table wine.
    Grilled gills down 500 for 5 min BGE Lump only, no added woods. AT the flip we added the mixture then grilled vidalia onion slices and put on ports along with provolone slice and mozarella. Kept lid up for 3-4 mins bottom vent closed due to smoke and cheese melted they result was awesome 5 stars. Thanks to the Naked Wiz for his suggestions.

• Reb
    Options
    Poodlemom,
    Yummm, my mouth is watering! Thx

• Reb
    Options
    Juliem4444,
    Thx. I grilled them plain (with EVOO and balsamic vin) last night and they were very good, but I HAVE to try them with cheese next time.