Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best steaks ever

Mikey
Mikey Posts: 56
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This weekend marked a new high in my grilling "career." I grabbed a couple of fresh ribeyes from the butcher for dinner last night. I lightly sprinkled them with some montreal's steak seasoning and wrapped them in plastic wrap. I used the flat side of a tenderizer to push the seasonings in and help thin them a little.[p]I removed the wrap and placed them in a plastic container. I covered them with some olive oil and a good bit of soy sauce. This soy has a lot less sodium than most, so it has a lot of flavor, but isn't as salty. I let those sit for about 25 minutes or so. I got the grill up to about 600 and threw them on. I cooked them a total of 9 minutes, just a tad too long, for a nice medium well to well.[p]The flavor was fantastic. I think that these were the best steaks I have ever cooked. It just keeps getting better and I'm loving it. [p]Mikey[p]

Comments