Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DC area BGE barbecue team?

Options
BluesnBBQ
BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This weekend I went to the National Capitol Barbecue Battle, in Washington, DC. I didn't see any ceramic cookers there, but I saw lots of offset metal ones, and quite a few custom made pits. The people competing seemd to have a great time doing it - they basically sat aroun in their space, ate, drank and cooked for two days. I would love to do a contest someday, but I would need a team. Any of you DC area eggers interested in putting together a team? If we used our Eggs we wouldn't be able to do a whole hog, but with two or three Eggs we could do everything else (ribs, pork shoulder, chicken, etc.).[p]Email me if you have any interest in this.

Comments

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    BluesnBBQ,
    Go for it! A bunch of us Canadian Eggers have hooked up and done a couple cook-offs so far. No regrets whatsoever! A great time for all concerned. You will enjoy it, and you will meet some wonderful folks as well. Expect a mountain of interest in the BGE! There were just as many people huddled around our little green cooker as there were around those behemoth metal machines.
    I highly recommend trying out at least one cook-off.
    Qfan (from the 'Hi! I Que! BBQ Team)

• SLOPPY PIG
    SLOPPY PIG Posts: 33
    Options
    BluesnBBQ,Go for it brother.I used the little green domes in competition. I belive the DC cookoff is Memphis in May sanctioned.If so you will need at least 5 cookers to do shoulders.If you do KCBS cookoffs you can get by easily with 2.
    GOOD LUCK with putting together a team.BTW do you know who won the Grand Champion?
    Sloppy