Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Memorial Day Ribs...Question

Options
toomsdpt
toomsdpt Posts: 141
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It is almost upon us. Memorial Day 2007 just around the corner. Plan on bringing my Medium with me ccamping. Promised a bunch of people ribs and as you all know the Medium can not accomodate that many people. Maybe 4 racks at a time (Which I plan on doing in 3 or 4 stages to make people happy)[p]Anyway I go camping on Sat so I plan on cooking some ribs the day before on Friday (4 racks). [p]QUESTION for best results:[p]Should I do the full 3/1/1 method on friday and just throw in fridge overnight and bring ribs up with me? maybe throw back on BGE for 20 mins or so when I get up there then serve?[p]or...[p]should I do 3 hours of the 3/1/1 method on Firday and do the rest on Sat. when I get to the campground?

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    toomsdpt,[p]Also have a medium. One of my first big cooks was ribs for my daughter's 21st B-day. I did ten pounds 'ala 3-1-1 a week in advance, but didn't quite finish them. 3-1-1/2 approximately. I vacuum froze them. On the day of the party I defrosted them while cooking another 10 pounds. As soon as I took the fresh ribs off, I put the others on. By the time the first 10 pounds were gone, the second batch was done. They were almost indistinguishable.[p]It went over so well, that I've been given a really big hint as to what I might be doing for her 22nd B-day. So, oh well, I just had to get another medium. Darn;)[p]gdenby