Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Short Ribs

Options
Bucky Buckshot
Bucky Buckshot Posts: 100
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I plan to cook beef short ribs for tonights dinner however I don't know how it is done. Can some of you eggsperts give me some advice on doing them? Thanks in advance Bucky

Comments

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    Bucky Buckshot,
    Cook them like pork spares and perhaps a little longer.Dont forget to pull the membrane off,cook at 230 grate level indirect for 5/6 hrs.Pull at 195 in the thicdkest part of the meat and sauce during the last hour of the cook.

• duckegg
    duckegg Posts: 267
    Options
    darnoc,
    It probably depends on how they are cut. I did three whole ribs this Sunday for the first time, they were cut singley about a foot long apiece. I cooked them indirect on a raised grid with a dome temp of 240 with som Raising the Steaks on them. They took about 6 hrs to get to 190. Seeing I had planned on 7-8 hrs I wrapped them and put them in a cooler to wait till the stuffed mushrooms were done.[p]I cut the meat of the bone and served. They were delish, tender and juicey, shrooms were good as well. I think the ribs would have been better right off the grill

• Bucky Buckshot
    Options
    darnoc,
    Thanks for the good advice, I have it on as we speak, just like you suggested. Bucky

• tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    shortribs_640.jpg
    <p />Bucky Buckshot, these were about 5 hours

• Bucky Buckshot
    Options
    tach18k,
    Those short ribs look great, thanks for your response. Mine have been on about four and a half hours now and I have sauced them once so far. They are looking good but I don't think they look as good as yours. Bucky

• jake42
    jake42 Posts: 932
    Options
    Table9.jpg
    <p />Bucky Buckshot,
    I do them low and slow like brisket just not as long. Shorts or spares
    BeefRibPlatted.jpg