Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

corn on the cob

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi,
Doing T-bones tonight with corn on the cob. Have never cooked corn on the cob so need to know how?????? plus time and temp.
A very warm 108°, a wonderful night to cook on Mr. Egg and watch the full moon come up.
Wishing all a great weekend.
Thanks,
New Bob

Comments

• Tom
    Tom Posts: 189
    Options
    New Bob, we're thinking of purchasing an Egg. How long have you had yours and do you absolutely love cooking on it?

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Tom,
    I have had mine since 1978 and absolutely love cooking on it and my other 3.

• Bordello
    Options
    Tom,
    I bought Mr. Egg three months ago, I am not the worlds best and for me there is a learning curve. This is the best forum with the most helpful people you will ever find. I have done some so so cooks, (my fault, not Mr. Egg) I have also had a couple of Killer T-bones the other night and will be doing it again tonight. I like toys and gadgets, I love interacting with Mr. Egg and if I ever leave where I'm living he goes with me. I also purchased a mini egg, guess I am hooked.
    If you like great food and don't mind a mishap now and then,like to interact with your toys and have the support of a great group of people, "get yourself an egg"
    Best of luck to you no matter what you decide.
    New Bob

• Bordello
    Options
    Tom,
    I bought Mr. Egg three months ago, I am not the worlds best and for me there is a learning curve. This is the best forum with the most helpful people you will ever find. I have done some so so cooks, (my fault, not Mr. Egg) I have also had a couple of Killer T-bones the other night and will be doing it again tonight. I like toys and gadgets, I love interacting with Mr. Egg and if I ever leave where I'm living he goes with me. I also purchased a mini egg, guess I am hooked.
    If you like great food and don't mind a mishap now and then,like to interact with your toys and have the support of a great group of people, "get yourself an egg"
    New Bob

• Bordello
    Options
    Tom,
    New Bob

• Bordello
    Options
    New Bob,
    My apologies for the multiple posts, not sure how that happened. I am embarrased. (red faced) Yes, it will probably happen again. (frown)
    New Bob

• Tom
    Tom Posts: 189
    Options
    New Bob, Thanks for the info. We're going to head up to Tampa tomorrow and take a look at them one more time. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to actually see anything cooked on them, but reading this web site has made us quite interested. Right now I have a Webber, which is very difficult to control the temp. Sometimes the food comes off great, other times a bit done. If I do buy one, I think I'll go with the large, not really that much more $$$. Thanks again, Tom

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    New Bob, I have never seen 108 on the thermometer..Must be sumptin. We had 104 one time!
    Just lay em on the asphalt in the husk and they will be ready in about 3 hours.
    Been some posts down the threads..but I peel back the husk's after soaking em good, and strip the silks, olive oil, or butter and salt and seal em back up again. Roast time is about half hour to 45 minutes at 350F. Roll em over if you want. Or wrap em in foil with no leaf.
    Easy cook.
    C~W[p]

• Bordello
    Options
    Tom,
    I bought the large because of the recommendations of this forum, I am single and could have gotten by with something smaller. I am very happy that I took the advise and purchased the large. I felt just like you that the price between the medium and large was not that much more and I like to have space no matter what it is. Please let us know if you need more information or help, you won't find a better place to support you through the learing curve.

• Bordello
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    Thanks,
    I will do as you say, I will have have a cocktail for you and will eat a great steak with the corn that comes from the eggcredible Mr. Egg.
    New Bob

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    New Bob,
    Check earlier this week...6/2/01 for a thread on the corn.
    C-W's right on the mark again. But then we've all come to expect that.

• Bordello
    Options
    Shelby,
    Thanks for helping out. I didn't see your post till this morning but enjoyed reading them. I ended up soaking the corn in water then put some butter and pepper on them, wrapped in foil (not all the husk was on the corn) and cooked about 30 min./300°. It was really good and I can't wait to try it direct.
    New Bob

• Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Options
    New Bob,
    Where you from that it gets to 108*? Think I saw 100* here Rochester, NY once, but not sure.
    B D

• bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Options
    Big Daddy,
    Went to school in Rochester. Nice place...snow in May! :-)[p]

• Bordello
    Options
    Big Daddy,
    45 minuets east of Phoenix Arizona. A very comfortable 106° at 3:27 P.M.
    A happy weekend to ya.
    New Bob