Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chimina Problem

Options
surveyor
surveyor Posts: 124
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have two Big Green eggs Large and Small and I think they are great, so I based on quality got a Big Green egg Chimina. I guess that I don't know how to use it. All I get is smoke no real fire. I have used a fake log, natural aged wood and no luck. Does anyone know the trick to this or what type of wood to use, before I get kicked out of my neighborhood?

Comments

• Mr Eggcitement
    Options
    Surveyor,
    I was using my BGE chiminea this morning to burn sticks from the front yard. They were dry and made a good flame with not too much smoke. I also took the chimney off the top to make it easier to build a big hot fire. [p]I have tried pinon chunks in the past, but can't really take the super fragrant smoke that this produces (I use it under a covered patio).[p]A MAPP torch works great to start a hot fire really fast.

• duckegg
    duckegg Posts: 267
    Options
    Surveyor,
    I don't have one but, try puting the wood in like a teepee with small pices on the inside and do the MAPP torch thing.