Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Can it be done?

Options
Pug
Pug Posts: 57
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am cooking BBQ for a large number of folks (20-25) this weekend. Sam's Club had 17 lbs of butt in cryovac packs so I picked one up. It is actually 2 butts in the pack and I am wandering if I am going to be able to stuff all 17 lbs. on my medium BGE. They have been rubbed and are waiting to go on the grill this evening. I think I am going to have to get creative. Any suggestions?[p]Steve

Comments

• Mike Oelrich
    Mike Oelrich Posts: 544
    Options
    View?u=141579&a=9609961&p=47370802
    <p />Pug,[p] I don't see it being a problem. I did almost 24 pounds on my large for the Eggfest this year and had room to spare.[p]MikeO
  • Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    Options
    Pug,
    I have a medium. With a little close spacing you should be able to do it. Go for it, and please report back to us.
    Fireball

• Grillin' Bill
    Options
    MikeO,
    I have put 4 Butts on a large BGE (27 lbs). I put 3 on like Mike O did and then put the 4th on top of the three. On med you can probably lean the 2 against each other.[p]Grillin Bill

• SLOPPY PIG
    SLOPPY PIG Posts: 33
    Options
    Grillin Bill,Hey Bill,just how many butts can you get on your grill? How Have you been doing? Sorry I missed your call on the butt question several weeks ago.Pam said she was able to answer your question.Advance Auto Parts in Roanoke just purchased the company I work for,so I will have alot of time on my hands for a while without a job.Give me a call.[p]

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Pug,
    I put 4 Sam's Club Butts (total weight 35+ pounds) in my large Egg. They touched, but I was careful to rotate them every 2 hours till I had enough shrinkage that they no longer touched.