Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lamb with Anchovies?

Options
Doug
Doug Posts: 132
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just watched License to Grill on Discovery, and he just grilled a leg of lamb with that had an anchovy paste on it (recipe here). Has anyone ever made a leg of lamb like this? For some quick Google searches it seems like anchovies are common to use on lamb. It looked fantastic, but I wanted to get some thoughts from the experts on here on how it tastes.[p]BTW, thanks guys at Dizzy Pig and BGE, for making my cook yesterday possible:[p]DSCF1879.jpg

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Doug,[p]I've just added your pic to my archive of "really good looking pieces of meat."[p]I can't comment about using anchovies on the outside, but I recently did a leg of lamb that I'd de-boned and stuffed with some sun dried tomatoe pesto in which I'd added some anchovies
    . It was good, I was afraid that my kids would object 'cause they don't like anchovies on pizza. The flavor was well blended. For me, a little anchovy mixed with any traditional Italian sauce recipe works well.[p]The amberbock is nice. Just finished one. But I'm looking forward to the Lion Stout for dinner. Enjoy[p]gdenby

• DobieDad
    DobieDad Posts: 502
    Options
    Doug,[p]It is outstanding.[p]I saw the Licensed to Grill show too, and I like my filling better ;)[p]Try this out. I did it with a boned shoulder, but have done it with a boned leg often.[p]DD
    [ul][li]Lamb with savory stuffing[/ul]
  • Doug,
    I'm a huge fan of anchovies, and I am a huge fan of lamb. Of course, I am a huge fan of my electric short-wave radio, and I am a fan of long, hot showers. However, the last two don't go together well. Let me know how this works out and I'll give it a shot![p]Hank "Anything Once" Miller

• BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    DobieDad,
    Man that sounds wonderful!!! I copied that into my recipe section.

• Doug
    Doug Posts: 132
    Options
    DobieDad,
    Thanks,
    Your filling looks great as well. Definitely bookmarked that one.