Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

KILLER Jerk marinade

Options
Turkey
Turkey Posts: 38
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Been making this for years and the BGE made it the best yet. Wife and kid are out of town this weekend so I'm making it the way I like it, HOT! You can do what you want with the peppers, the recipe my mom gave me just said 1 "hot" pepper.[p]Take 3-4 tbs of the spice mix below(I use 4) and put in a food processor with one onion(quartered), one hot pepper or 2-3 jalepenos(I like to use one Habenero), 3tbs soy sause, 1tbs each of oil and vinegar. Pulse until everything is chopped fine but not liquified.[p]I like it with chicken thighs(bone in) or pork tenderloin but it's really good on everything. I usually marinate at least 4-6 hour or overnight if I can. [p]I make a big batch of this and keep it in a ziploc bag as I cook this often in the summer.[p]4tbs Thyme (fresh or dried)
2tbs salt
4tbs Sugar
2tbs Allspice
1tbs ground cinnamon
1tbs ground nutmeg
2tbs ground black pepper[p]ENJOY!![p]Mark

Comments