Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Corningware BGE Comaptable?

Options
Mikey
Mikey Posts: 56
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was thinking of doing some baked beans for tonight and thought I'd do them over lump instead of in the oven. Thought I'd use the same setup I did for the butt, bge pizza stone on the main grid and then the sevond rack above that so that the dish wouldn't touch the stone. Anyone see any problems with this? Will it hurt the corningware or discolor it?[p]Thanks,
Mike

Comments

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    Options
    Mikey,
    Wrap the outside in foil. otherwise you will have dicoloration and quite a clean-up. Enjoy the beans the smoky flavor is great. I use a cast iron dutch oven sitting on the cooking grid ( no other cermic mass). About 3 to 3.5 hours. To increase the smoky flavor keep the temp down aroung 200 degrees for the first hour. Oh yes I am one my way over.
    Fireball

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Mikey, I alternete some drip pans and one is a corningware type clear glass rectangular container. It cleans up with steel wool if baked on. Best to use a exterior toss aluminum foil on the outside just to keep it cleaner from smoke. If you don't mind a bit of elbow grease later, use it plain. No problem.
    Char-Woody

• Mikey
    Options
    Fireball,
    C'mon over, there's plenty![p]I wish I had a dutch oven. I think I may have to add one to my arsenal. Till then, I'll either cover the dish with foil or pick up one of those disposable aluminum jobs at the store.[p]I got a recipe from dear ol mom for some backed beans she usually does in the oven. Her's calls for bacon to add some fat and flavor, think I'll mix in some fresh pulled butt instead.[p]Thanks for the help,
    Mikey[p]

• Unknown
    Options
    Mikey, add both. :-)

• Mikey
    Options
    C~W,
    Heh, it's a pork fat thing.....[p]Mike