Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket cook in process W/lots of pics.

Options
BabyBoomBBQ
BabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm doing a 7.5lb brisket flat Texas style & here's the pictorial.[p]Here is the soaked mesquite I'm using to smoke it. 2 small chuncks.[p]2007-4-1-mesqsmoke.jpg?[p]Here is the guest of honor after injection and rub step. Injected at 10am SD time with John Henery's TX Brisket marinde & rubbed with DP Cowlick at 4pm. Pic is just before placing on extra rack shown below at 7:45pm.
2007-4-1-txbrisket1.jpg[p]It's on as of 8pm. Note how the probes are set up. I used an extra guru probe to support the two critical probes. I placed the meat probe 1/2 way through the thickest part of the brisket.
2007-4-1-txbrisketsetup.jpg[p]As of this 10pm posting, the meat is at 150 and the grid is at 247.[p]

Comments

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    BabyBoomBBQ,[p]Good morning! Looks like you got off to a great start last night - where does she stand now?[p]Can smell it from here,[p]TRex
  • BabyBoomBBQ
    BabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
    Options
    TRex,[p]It's at 192 & pit is 240. Tenderness test says more time. I think I'll mop it in a little while. I've got to figure out how to keep the drippings from burning. A fog bank is covering the area now, so the light was awful for the picture. Off to the store for beans and bread now.[p]
    2007-4-1-txbrisket190.jpg