Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

South Beach Diet and Whole Wheat Bread

Options
Retired RailRoader
Retired RailRoader Posts: 975
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well with the winter and lack of exercise topped off with being sick a good part of it I gained a few pounds that I need to get lose. So it is back on the South Beach Diet for me. Having finished the first phase I am now able to eat whole grain breads. I was not happy to see many Whole Wheat breads contain high fructose corn syrup so I decided to bake my own on the egg. With the help of Bernard Clayton's New Complete Book of Breads it was off too the races.[p]Here is the dough straight from my food processor.[p]PICT3425.jpg[p]After a 1 1/2 hour raise the dough more then doubled its size[p]PICT3427.jpg[p]Here is is cut and shaped into two loaves ready for the pan[p]PICT3429.jpg[p]PICT3430.jpg[p]A little egg wash and it's off to the egg.[p]PICT3431.jpg[p]PICT3432.jpg[p]Here is the finished product[p]PICT3433.jpg[p]PICT3434.jpg[p]Not one to waste a good fire I grilled a few Shrimps with some Jamaican Firewalk (not a true South Beach seasoning but something has too give) with some broccoli and asparagus sauted in EVOO and garlic. Man this was good!!!![p]PICT3436.jpg
Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.

Comments