Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

fattie filler ideas?

Options
guava greg
guava greg Posts: 139
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife is buying some Jimmy Dean sausage for my fattie making. She was going to sautee some red peppers and onions to fill one but I'm looking for ideas to stuff the second.
She had a good idea too about slicing them all up first then freezing them so we can reheat them as needed.[p]Thanks![p]Greg

Comments

• Steeler Fan
    Steeler Fan Posts: 395
    Options
    guava greg, what about the earlier post for Scotch eggs.

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    guava greg,[p]A cousin to the fatty, and to an ABT, is an armidillo egg. Basically you take a cored (seeded) jalapeno with the stem end cut off and fill it with cheese. The pepper is then wrapped in sausage. They come out in the shape of an egg. When sliced you get a core with a pepper ring filled with cheese. The small eggs will only take an hour or so on the cooker.[p]If you want to keep the logs in the 1# range, you can lay a couple of stuffed peppers end-to-end. Of course you can use any pepper you like.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Steeler Fan,[p]Or, how 'bout making an omlete, and rolling that up in sausage?[p]gdenby

• Steeler Fan,
    Thanks for the compliment!

IMG_0760.jpg[p]I used about a pound of sage sausage from a local farm. Hardboiled 3 eggs and rolled them up inside the sausage. Sprinkled all over with Dizzy Dust, cooked at 250 for 2 hours then let them rest for an hour in foil. It's REALLY good!

• guava greg
    guava greg Posts: 139
    Options
    gdenby & guys, Thanks for the tips! But,[p]my wife says she wants more a veggie filler or something. She wants to be able to cook them with eggs later.
    Well I tell you, I have the last words in that arguement...[p]"yes dear" [p]so besides sweet red peppers and onions she has threatened me with mushrooms, asparagus, brocolli, etc..any better ideas besides cheese (I'll put that in anyway) I would appreciate it![p]Aloha,[p]Greg