Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Does the wind affect cooking on the egg?

Hawkcigar
Hawkcigar Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello all,
I have been considering buying a big (large) green egg. I live in an area where there is a lot of wind. We're kind of up on a hill with not a lot of protection from the wind, especially the north wind. I'm just curious if any of you have any problems with the wind. Is the cooking fire in the egg affected by the wind at all?

The other thing I have been wondering about is the Big Green Egg vs The Cookshack. I have a nice gas grill for burgers and steaks so I don't have to worry about that. Although I will say that the pictures of steaks cooked on the egg look really good, not to mention I'd like to try some pizza. Does anyone have any experience with the Cookshack vs the Big Green Egg. I've posted a similar question on the Cookshack forums. It sounds like there are a couple of eggers on that forum also.

Thanks for any insight you can provide, I appreciate your help.