Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza on the MINI Results

Smokin' Todd
Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I decided to attemp pizza on the MINI.
On the way home from work I picked up some pre-made pizza dough from a local pizza shop(it's FRATELLIES, NOT POPPY'S)((inside joke))
Anyway, i spead out to mini pizzas...put on some of my homemade sauce...mazzarella and parma cheese, and muchrooms.
On the first pie i used a the bottom on the aluminum pan the dough came with..the second just foil...each I sprated PAM to keep the dough from sticking.
Results...pretty good, EXCEPT the bottom of the pies were charred to da' crisp. I have to somehow get a custom made pizza stone for my mini...or jus get a medium or large EGG in which i can purchase a stone as an eggcessory!
ST

Comments

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Smokin' Todd,[p]Your mini is an Egg and thus it can make seriously great equally downsized pizzas. The setup is the same, regardless of Egg size. Two pizza stones set on each other with a spacing under them to move the surface level of the top stone to just above the opening lip.[p]I use spacers and pizza stones from Davens. The stones were orginally 8" in diameter. I have cut them down to 7 1/2", but feel the pies would benefit from another 1/8" downsizing.[p]Spin

• Fritz
    Fritz Posts: 179
    Spin,[p]You have to be kidding. You have really done pizza on a mini? I might have to try this tonight. We have a couple of small pizza stones that just might work in the mini.[p]Fritz