Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Porky

Options
Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Porky pig was gooooooooooood!!! Cooked until 187 internal temp, 22 hours on the dot. The crust was out of this world (thanks, NB, for providing Shakes rub and thanks, Shake, for making it). Cooking the thing was a snap as I had MikeO's seminar fresh in my head. I actually sloppily removed the skin but cooked for the first 18 hours or so with the skin layered on top as MikeO mentioned to use the fat on the skin as a marinade. I removed it with a few hours left and added a little more rub to enhance the crust on the sections formerly covered by the skin. And thanks to the Egg forum for the last second advice and for all of the tips I've picked up over the last couple years.[p]I've been egging for about 2 years now and have made some outstanding meals (and some flops, which we won't mention here...), but I'd never done an overnight cook since I live in an apartment complex. This was my first attempt here and it went so well I may just do a brisket next weekend. As you may note from ST's post below, we ate enough pork to kill a moose this weekend, so we may just have to switch to beef next week...[p]Thanks again, everyone![p]Enjoying post-pork euphoria,
Cornfed