Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cast Iron Trivets

JimWJimW Posts: 450
edited 11:29PM in EggHead Forum
Does anyone out there have a good website or other place for ordering cast iron trivets for the Egg? I'm looking for them for my large and small Eggs and have lost the bookmark to the one site I had. Thanks
JimW

Comments

• PalisinPalisin Posts: 64
    JimW,
    You can go here: http://www.lodgemfg.com/
    I ordered one and am going to install this evening and ram some porterhouse steaks in the BGE tonight.

• Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    grate2.jpg
    <p />JimW,[p]Many local hdw stores carry them, but here is where many of us got ours.[p]Tim
  • JimWJimW Posts: 450
    Tim M,
    That's the link I wanted. I know the 8" trivet will fit the large but is it too big for the small? Do you know of a place that makes a trivet or drain that would fit the small better?
    JimW

• Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    gratesm.jpg
    <p />Jimw,[p]I use the diamond mesh in my small - I could use it in my large as well but the trivet just keeps going and going and going. This mesh can be found at most hardware stores but must be cut (not easy).[p]Tim
  • JRJR Posts: 31
    Tim M,[p]This might be a stupid question, but what are the advantages of the cast iron trivets or wire mesh gates to the ceramic grate?[p]Thanks[p]

• WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    JR,
    You get more air flow through the trivet,which means higher temps..kinda been referred to as superchargin the egg..LOL