Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Gasket Replacement - photo guide

Options
Tim M
Tim M Posts: 2,410
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
gasket2.jpg
<p />I finally decided to replace my old original gasket after almost 3 years. Many folks at Eggfest asked me about doing it and I told them all that I never had done one. I decided to replace mine since I have had the new one for over a year - might as well use it.[p]The link below is to a 5 picture step-by-step procedure. It was quite easy but a bit messy. Removing the old one was the hardest part and it took 15 min. A putty knife and a utility knife did the job. Then I wire brushed the rim and applied the new gasket. I used no fluids at all. It took about 30 min.[p]Tim
[ul][li]Tim's gasket replacment step-by-step[/ul]

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    C~W,
    Sir..you nned someplace on the web to have your pics stored..usually your ISP will give you 5 or 10 meg of space for a home page..you will need to follow their directions to load pics up to their free space...then its a simple matter of just entering the URL ie.."members.bellatlantic.net/cw/pics/pic1.jpg"..in the box at the bottom of the posting form....
    Email if you need more specifics[p]Wess