Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Things you can do with fatties

Drivr
Drivr Posts: 163
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Okay maybe the subject line is a little strange but I keep seeing people asking what to do with a fattie once you cook it. Well I smoked 3 last weekend and after they cooked I sliced em, put them in a big ziplock freezer bag for later use. so far this week I have used them to make a smokey, cheezy corn chowder which only taked 15 minutes to make, a great omlet for dinner Wednesday. and I also made fried rice using a finely chopped fatty instead of bacon last night.[p]Smokey, cheezy corn Chowder[p]1/3 - 1/2 pound smoked fatty sliced chopped fine
1 med onion chopped
1 can cream corn
1 can sweet corn
1 can chopped potatoes (use fresh if you have the time but the canned is real quick and just the right size for chowder)
1 cup shredded chedder cheese
4 cups milk
salt & pepper to taste
Fresh chopped parsley (optional)[p]Toss the sausage in a pot big enough to hold all the ingredients and fry it up a little to release any grease, add the onions and cook until just browning.
add everything else but the cheese and heat until just a simmer. turn off heat, add cheese, taste add salt and pepper garnish with the parsley.
Serve.