Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Method to Reheat a Top Round Roast

Options
Zilm-disabled
Zilm-disabled Posts: 69
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I smoked a Top Round Roast yesterday for tonight it's my nieces birthday and thought that I would have her over for dinner tonight. I knew that I would not have time to cook the roast (about a 5 pounder around 5" thick) so I thought that I would cook it ahead of time. Now that I have what would be the best way to reheat it without losing the flavor from the grill?

Comments

• SyraQ
    SyraQ Posts: 95
    Options
    Zilm,
    What degree of doneness did you cook the roast to? To remain tender, medium rare is about the best to pull it for that cut.
    I did one last week, but after our first meal I only use it for sandwiches after that point. I might suggest heating up some beef stock and any drippings that might have accumulated, cut some thin slices and dip into the hot beef stock for a very short time, place slices on a heated platter and when finished heating the slices individually, pour whatever amount of beef stock you'd like over the slices on the platter. Just a suggestion. It would give you some au jus sauce for the beef in any case.
    Good luck. Maybe some other suggestions are out there.

• Michael B
    Options
    SyraQ,[p]Left over roast is on my list of least favorites. I generally just grind it up and mix in a little pickle relish and mayo for sandwiches. But, a couple thoughts:[p]Open face roast beef sandwiches.[p]Pressure cooker with a little beef stock in the bottom.