Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sweeeeet!! I'm getting another Egg!!

Options
AlaskanC
AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So I thought I would have to do the sneaky, behind the back thing while the hubby was gone, but I guess not! Brent mentioned that on his way to Singapore he has to stay overnight in Seattle. He asked if I wanted him to pick anything up, and of course I sarcastically said "an Egg".
I expected the usual "we already have one, why do we need another?", but instead he said "is there a place in Seattle that I can just pick one up?".
Needless to say I am printing out the driving directions to the dealer right now!!
Yessss! :)

Comments

• Richard
    Richard Posts: 698
    Options
    AlaskanC,[p]Perhaps, If you get to the dealer in time, he can package a small inside an XLRG and your hubby will only have one package to deal with from Seattle.. Surprise!Surprise!

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    AlaskanC,
    An egg instead of flowers when he gets home. Can't get more romantic than that. Congrats. Large or small? You guys need to come to Oklahoma or Texas fest some day.[p]Mike

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    AlaskanC,
    WE DID IT!!!!!! . ..woooohhooooooo!!!!![p]and as long as he's picking up the egg, might as well make sure he gets plenty of accessories (plate setter if its a large, extra grids, etc...) .. if its a small, call the chubmeister and get a set of gratemates. .you won't be sorry . .. [p]i'm very happy for the addition to your family!!!![p]ok, we'll give him till may, then start working on egg number 3 :)

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    That's awesome, Melissa! That Brent is really a true "egghead" in hiding. We could all tell that in Atlanta. Ya'll will really enjoy that small (if that's what you get). I cook most of the time on my small and love it...........
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    AlaskanC,[p] The bear will be happy it will get two briskets to eat now..[p] Congrats...[p]
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    AlaskanC,
    Hi,
    Well I guess you have a great hubby there. Congratulations, let us know what size the new one will be. LOL I know you will enjoy having a second egg.[p]I don't get to the forum every day and I just saw the post from our one and only "Spring Chicken" about the gift you and Brent sent to him. My hat is off to the both of you, the people on this forum are truly amazing.[p]Respectfully,
    Bordello

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    AlaskanC,
    Invious in San Antonio.[p]Couldn't happen to a nicer woman![p]Congratulations! BTW, You know that Brent's hooked, don't you?[p]Happy Weekend![p]Mike

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    AlaskanC,
    Haaaa!!! My first thought when I saw Brent's post yesterday was, "Brent's become an Egghead and will soon be wanting his own Egg." Now that you're becoming a two-Egg family it won't be long before he's posting his own recipes and photos and shopping a year in advance for discounted airline rates to Eggfests. Those of us who have met him will love watching him grow.[p]You did good letting him catch you.[p]Spring "Half Way Across The Road" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,
    That was WAY TOoooooooooooooooooooooo Funny.
    Thanks for the laugh.[p]Cheers,
    Bordello

• AlaskanC
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,[p]Yeah - only if we could get TWO briskets!! ;)
  • AlaskanC
    Options
    It's a small, and I definitely will be bugging Chubby for the Grate Mates.[p]I think last night broke him. He's never read the forum before, but he wanted to post a message to Leroy, and then he started reading.... I thought I was going to be in trouble, but I guess not! :)
  • wobin
    wobin Posts: 211
    Options
    AlaskanC,
    Lucky for you he didn't search your name. [p]Cheers, Glenn

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    AlaskanC,[p] I don't have a problem getting brisket, you don't have a problem getting Salmon.. UPS, Fex-Ex and DHL go in both directions.