Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

butt problem

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What is the very best way to cook a Butt so as to ensure it'll fall off the bone and melt in your mouth?

Comments

• ribman,
    i've only done it twice, but try yellow mustard & dizzy pig dizzy dust, indirect at 230 grid for 2 hours a pound till 200 internal. these small butts took 9:30. no problem, mon.[p]27jan07-007.jpg[p]27jan07_2-002.jpg[p]27jan07_2-006.jpg[p]

• Meinbmw
    Meinbmw Posts: 157
    Options
    ribman,[p]SCRATCH IT ... LOL, sorry, could not resist![p]1.5 year egger here and have gleaned a great deal of info from your fellow egger posters ... hang in there grasshopper.
  • onelegchef
    Options
    ribman,
    Go to home page of BGE and click on recipe section, then go to Elder Ward Pulled Pork read it and follow instruction on cook, fire building, and sides. It is great.
    Good Luck
    Bobby-FTW,TX

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    ribman,
    cook it long enough....
    and slow enough.
    250 or so, figure 2 hours a pound. take it off the grid anywhere as low as 185 (make sure the bone pulls out eas) or to 205. figure 190-195 target though

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • AZ Traveler
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Dang Rick, that piece of bark is still there in the back. I just about had it out of my mind. My goal is for my next one to turn out that good. Have a nice evening, AZ