Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Got my Egg today, grilled this evening

Options
Smoking Jacket
Smoking Jacket Posts: 86
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Talked the wife into giving me my birthday present a couple of weeks early. We went this afternoon and bought my first egg (large). My goodness, I wish someone had told me how dang heavy that box was going to be, I'm not suppose to be lifting with this hernia![p]Got it home and had the nest and egg put together in about an hour, fired that baby up and realized I had better look for something to cook. I looked in the refigerator, nothing, so I had to dig into the freezer. Found three home patted burgers and some chicken wings. [p]I was not going to wait for anything to frost, so I threw burgers in the gill at 650 degrees for about 4 minutes on the one side, brought the egg down to about 400 for side #2 for about 10 minutes. Threw the chicken wings on for about fifteen minutes.[p]WOW, I was not expecting the burgers to be great, but even the frozen patties turned out pretty darn good (the middle of mine was a little mushy. There was not much in the house to season the wings with so I just speckled them with Season All, they tasted awesome![p]I am going to pick up some ribs for tomorrow to eat while watching the NFL playoffs. This is going to be so much fun. Thanks to everyone for all the information that is found on this board. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow[p]Now excuse me while I slip off my Smoking Jacket and go watch my GT Yellow Jackets take on the Heels ( I hope this doesn't get ugly)

Comments