Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Cook

Options
Fireball
Fireball Posts: 354
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have my Mini. Boy, is it cute! Everything was in one piece. After opening the box, I can understand how UPS destroyed so many. Not much packing inside. There is a small gap in the back where the dome sits against the bottom. The band is tight up against the ridge on the dome. Should I try to readjust the band on the dome or burn some lump and test for leaks between the gaskets? The first cook will be roasted garlic.
Fireball

Comments

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Fireball,
    Loosen the bolts and alow the top to seat against the bottom and retighten the bolts. You in for a graet treat. Last night bleu cheeze burgers and tonight 1.5" ribeye on mini.

• JJ, he may have one of those miss aligned bands that no matter how you tighten em, they cause the dome to go askew. I am waiting for mine to arrive to find a fast easy no frills solution..might be impossible except like Doug had to do, to remodel the entire band.
    Home made burger buns were good..I have to play with em just a tad yet..The bake was excellent on the BGE and could not have been better..Golden brown after 12 to 15 minutes and perfect crust all around.
    C~W[p]