Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed Chicken

Options
BBQBluesStringer
BBQBluesStringer Posts: 398
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was eggsperimenting with a stuffing for crown roast next Monday and I made what is possibly the best chicken I've ever done in the process. I cooked up two cups of Rice Tec Royal Blend, a mixture of Texmati White, Brown, Wild, and Red rices according to the recipe on the container. I added a blob of chicken base to the liquid. While that was cooking I fried up a pound of bulk mild Italian sausage and drained it. When the rice was done, I mixed the two together, added a cup of raisins and a handful of chopped pee-cans (I'm in GA now), and stuffed it into a about 8 pound oven roaster. That went indirect on the egg starting at about 280F with one piece of guava wood. I let the temperature sneak up to 360 over the next hour, and pulled the bird at 190 thigh, 170 breast, and 150 stuffing. It was FANTASTIC! I didn't add so much as a shake of salt to the recipe above. The only seasoning is what came in the sausage, and man it was good. Give it a try. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.