Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

2 homeruns and counting

ChuckChuck Posts: 812
edited 1:13AM in EggHead Forum
salmon.jpg
<p />Did some salmon today using "the three men with nothing better to do" smoking directions (see link). It came out great. The fire bricks in the photo held a 2nd grate with weakfish on it. It was my first try with weakfish and it was very nice. What other types of fish have others been smoking with success? I did these for about 3 hrs at 180 with a combo of pecan and sugar maple, any other suggestions for a good wood or different method? I probably shouldn't mess with a winner but would love to add some other ways to smoke fish to my arsenal.[p]Have a great day all.[p]Chuck <><

Comments

• BearFanBearFan Posts: 28
    Chuck,

Chuck,[p]Your salmon look sooooo good! I'm having to settle for[p]strippers tonight (steaks). The Three Men site is a good

Chuck,[p]Your salmon look sooooo good! I'm having to settle for[p]strippers tonight (steaks). The Three Men site is a good

Chuck,[p]Your salmon look sooooo good! I'm having to settle for[p]strippers tonight (steaks). The Three Men site is a good [p]one, haven't been there in a while. [p]Cheers!.....Ed

BearFan,[p]Apoligies.....obvious issues...

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    BearFan, Ah'm laughin so hard it hurts...hey..I counted at least 10 home runs...your team win??
    Hope mind does tonight..!!!
    In Basketball..so count dunks..!
    C~W[p]

• PainterPainter Posts: 464
    Chuck, Give cherry a try sometime. I use with brown and rainbow trout and it is exellent. Salmon looks good Painter

• BearFan, Tell us what you do with striper steaks. It's going to be some time before we see the stripers return to Massachusetts, but I want to think about them ahead of time. -- km

Char-Woody, Thanks for understanding...