Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newbie needs help w/ purchase

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Big fan of the egg who is finally in a position to have one of my own. I went to the local barbeques galore and they tried to sell me 50 different accessories. What are the things I really need versus the things it would be nice to have? I'd rather spend the extra money getting a larger egg...

Thanks in advance for any comments

Comments

• EdF
    EdF Posts: 121
    Cooking grid, ceramic cap, firebox, fire ring, bottom grate, thermometer and daisy wheel come with it (not positive about the daisy wheel - it's been a long time since I bought, but you need it).

Ash tool and grid lifter somewhere between highly recommended and essential - you'll need something to do their jobs.

Highly recommended: plate setter and pizza stone - let you bake and do indirect cooks easily. You can also use fire brick instead of the plate setter.

Make sure you have a pot holder around. A metal brush also comes in handy for cleaning the grid (though it may rub off the ceramic coating - doesn't really matter).

Lump charcoal and some way to get it lit, of course.

The rest is optional and you'll wind up adding things like a dutch oven and so on as you get into it.

Welcome and enjoy!

- Ed