Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

corned beef recipes

Options
JR
JR Posts: 31
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was wondering if anybody had any recipes for cooking corned beef on the egg. Thanks

Comments

• Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    Options
    jr,
    I don't know if this fits, but it sure worked for me twice last year. I bought corned beef in one of those packages with all the spices and such. Then I cooked it on the Egg at 350 degrees with hickory as smoke, instead of in the oven as recommended. It was fantastic, and made some of the best reuben sandwiches I've ever had! We had our Pastor and his wife over that first time around, and she, my wife and I loved the reuben's! The pastor is a meat and potatoes....no nonsense eater, so he had to settle for hot wings from the Egg. :-))) All of it was Eggcellent![p]Try it, you'll really like it![p]
    Dr. chicken

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    jr,[p]I do it often. I just take it from the packaging, add some spice of my own (overnight) and smoke in-direct for 6 - 8 hours (hickory or sugar maple chunks for smoke) until 190 degree internal temp.[p]GOOD STUFF!![p]Smokey

• Ray
    Ray Posts: 59
    Options
    Dr. Chicken,
    At 350 degrees how long does the corned beef take to cook?
    What internal temp do you try for? I am planning on cooking
    corned beef Friday. I have to make this good. My wife will only let me have corned beef about once a year-Ray

• Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    Options
    Ray,
    Sorry I am just getting back to you. I had to work last night.
    I followed the recommendations on the package lable and if I remember right, I cooked it about 3 hrs. At that time, I did not have a working polder. I wish I could be more specific, but It's been too long.
    Pretty much, for simplicity sake, I just traded a normal oven for the Egg. I used hickory for the smoke one time and pecan the other. Both were great![p]I hope that helps![p]Good luck and good eating! Let us know how it turns out. I definitely will keep better notes this time around! :-)))[p]
    Dr. Chicken