Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

bay leaves

char buddy
char buddy Posts: 562
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I got a really large bag of bay leaves from Penzey's on my last order. A bigger bag than I expected. To use'em up, I've started putting a few on hot fires to see what the effect would be. Tonight I tried it on some hamburgers. I got the grill up to 600* - just cause I like my burgers with a nice crust. I also put a little mustard and some flavored salts on the burgers before grilling them. After I put the burgers on and before I closed the dome I popped 5 or 6 bay leaves in the fire. When I turned the burgers - four minutes later I put another 3 or 4 leaves in there. Just before the dwell I threw another one or two on the coals. [p]Nice taste. Great burgers.

Comments

• Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    char buddy ,[p]If you have a bunch, grind some up and add the powder to different rubs and spice mixes. I can really add a nice touch, but go lightly with the powder....it can easily overpower.[p]Zip[p]Oh yeah...The powder is good in soups, sauces, and stews because you don't have to rememeber to remove it.