Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rump Roast Help

Uncle Dave
Uncle Dave Posts: 54
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good morn to all. My wife who does no wrong has droped a bottle of sauce on my glass top range and shattered it. I'm cooking on the egg a lot more stuff while me decided what to do. Saers wants 400 for the part, think I'll just get a whole new range. On a 4lb rump roast I want to cook on a vrack with a drip pan. My question is wife's not happy with montrel or any of these pepper taste rubs. What can I use? Onion soup mix? Seasonal salt ? I need some help on this. I noticed lawry"s had several maranades at the store. Help! Uncle dave

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Uncle Dave,
    Italian dressing works good with beef,marinade the roast for 6 to 8 hours and cook on the egg.[p]Larry

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    Uncle Dave,
    Try This.[p]1/3 Teriyaka sauce
    1/3 Frozen pineapple concentrate ( use the container to measure the other ingredients)
    1/3 Burgandy ( I use a Solera Cream Sherry)
    Marinate for a least 18-24 hours[p]I have used this one several times on different cuts of beef with great results.
    Fireball[p]

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Uncle Dave,
    Stubbs makes a great beef marinade. You should be able to get it at the supermarket.
    JimW

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Uncle Dave, My first thought when I read your post was a simple dusting of Lysanders Beef Rub, or JJ's Rub, (no salts in JJ's) until I read the rest of the good suggestions. I kinda like the marinates too...Who needs a inside stove?? (Kidding)
    Good luck...
    C~W[p][p][p]