Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey Carwash....scallops

Options
Sandbagger
Sandbagger Posts: 977
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
125_2599.jpg
<p />I finally dug three of those big scallops out of the freezer: the bag of seven weighed just over two pounds. The cook was a simple one: for flavor EVOO/butter, smidge of Tsunami Spin and 1/2 small lemon squeezed. The cooking method was a back and forth combination of grilling on the lower grid and dunking in the pan, upper grid, for flavor. My daugther and I cheated and ate half of one before dinner. We both found them sweet and delish. [p]For us, the turbinano sugar and other spices in the Tsunami blends well with the sweetness of the scallops. They were a great match for the ribeyes![p]125_2593.jpg[p]The last four may go quicker, now that we had a wonderful sample. Almost forgot, the cast iron pan is only seven inches in diameter....had ya thinking really big! T

Comments

• Steeler Fan
    Options
    I just finished a rib eye steak and it was missing something.... Dang our local Kroger's did in fact have xlarge scallops on sale.. Where were you 5 hours ago... sic the scallops look awesome. Now I'm hungry.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    bprawns.jpg
    <p />Sandbagger,
    Those look fantastic! Since they were that big, were they just on the tough side? Doesn't look like it. I'm lucky to get 10-12 per pound scallops.
    I can get some decent Prawns. Having a pretty big cook out at parents Sat. night. I had some nice Prawns but those scallops look great. Even my dinky ones might be better.[p]Mike[p]Sweet pic of the ribeyes as well.

• Sandbagger
    Options
    Car Wash Mike, that's a cool trick with the shrimp and bacon. [p]No, the scallops were very tender. I made sure I did not over cook em! [p]Have an enjoyable cook out.