Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wife Wants to know the anwer to this Question HELP

Options
2»

Comments

• Pharmeggist,
    I am not sure if you heard of the Zuni Tribe in New Mexico. Here in Zuni, there is an outside oven made from sandtone and clay. The bottom of the oven is compacted ash that is mixed with some clay and water. The oven is shaped like an igiloo. To use it, people fill the oven with cedar wood and fire it to get the hot temps needed for baking. Once the fire dies down, the ash is removed and the ash platform is cleaned. The majority of the use is baking bread but my mom uses to bake pies, pizza, turkey, and just about anything that could be cooked on a gasser. Actually, this oven is like an egg only the size of four XL. The down side is that you cannot bbq in these ovens. I send pix, next time the oven are used. A sight to see for bakers.[p]Andres

• mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Is that enameled cast iron? If it is, how do you like it compared to plain cast iron?

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Michael Ballou,
    yes, its le creuset. . .way more expensive than regular cast iron. . .but you don't have any problems with acidic foods messing up your seasoning, or getting any metalic tastes. . .cleans up very easy with hot soapy water. ..i use it a lot. . .

• mad max beyond eggdome,[p]I was looking at some le creuset. I was leaning toward buying a couple pieces but the salesman talked me out of it. At the time it wouldn't have been much of a push to get me to buy it, but the only benefit he came up with was that it looked nicer when you served in it.