Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stylin and Smylin

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got me a nice big fat FRESH slab of spare ribs, and rubbed em' down with my special rub. Ribs tomorrow...and no turnin' back!! These babies smelled as fresh as a spring morning. Yeeeeeeeeee Ha!!!!!!![p]And a yaba daba dooo! Add a yompin yiminee per CW, and life is shweet.[p]That's all.
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• SpiceCooks
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    And what is the "special" rub may I ask? We are in the process of cooking thick cut pork chops as I type this. They are rubbed with JJ's rub. Boy, I can't wait. We signed up today for EGGFEST 2001. We also made our hotel reservations! I just need to pay my reservation fee now and we will be all set to go this year! We are really looking forward to it too!

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Nature Boy, sounds like yer grinnin and spinnin..nuttin better'n those fresh Q'ribs when done with finesse..
    :-)
    I had a fantastic pizzzzaaaaaaaa tonight.. crust so nice and evenly cooked and when I run my favorite wooden pizza cutter (courtesy JCA 3 years ago) thru the crust it snap, crackle and pops, like a great pizza should...
    Wunnerfull how this BGE thing cooks.
    C~W[p]

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Mornin' SpiceCooks,
    I came up with this rub last year, and really like it with pork. Just something a bit different.[p]My New Rib Rub
    1/2 cup turbinado sugar
    1/4 cup kosher salt
    2T Paprika
    2T Onion Powder
    1T Cracked (or powdered) Ginger
    1T Corriander seeds
    1T Brown Mustard Seeds
    1T Curry Powder
    1T Black Peppercorns
    1T Green Peppercorns
    1t Celery Salt
    1t Rubbed Sage
    1t Chipotle Powder[p]Great to hear that you two will be coming to the Fest.
    I, too, am pretty pumped up about it.
    Enjoy your chops!! Tri-tip steak for lunch and ribs for dinner here. Gonna be a great day.
    Cheers!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ