Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tenderness of Ribs

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in Forum Feedback
Just registered, not yet completed. I'm a LGE owner for about 2 months. So, I cooked Baby Backs for the Saints game this weekend. 250 deg. for 4 hrs, direct heat, meat pulling back from the bones. Good taste, meat done, BUT not "fall off the bone". How do I cook them that tender?

Comments

• Steeler Fan
    Options
    First of all, this post is usually for recommendations for changes to the Forum. The ClubEgg is where your questiosn w/b answered. Since I read your questions, appears to me that if you cooked the ribs indirectly at about 250 degrees. They propably should fall off the bone. I also recommend taking a paper towel and ripoff the the white skin atttached to the ribs. Good Luck,
    Joe
  • Thanks Steeler Fan for the tip. I'll transfer the question to Club Egg. Learned something new today. And I did remove the membrane from the ribs, but I'll stay on it till they fall off the bone.
    Bayou Bill
  • Bill

Take membrane off back, dry off, slather in frenches mustard apply rub a good amount.

Wrap in 2 sheets of saran wrap, put in fridge for 24 hrs.

fire egg up 225 and put ribs on, indirect heat for 2.0 hrs. after the 2 hr baste. cook 1 more hr and take off and put in tin foil 2 sheets. Now add any of the following 6oz apple juice, grape, pineapple, cherry juice. I really like the grape and cherry. put back on grill for 2 hrs. Meat side up. take out after the 5 hrs remove from foil and put back on for 30 min. this will tighten up the meat once again.

Research Kevin Taylor fortwayne ind. and ask him for his competition recipe.

TIN FOIL is the secret. 2 sheets reynolds wrap only. the mustard helps break down the dats and collagen in the meat.