Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Char-Woody...what are jerky screens?

Options
Fritz
Fritz Posts: 179
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey buddy,[p]Your email isn't working. What are those jerky screens you mentioned? Where can they be bought?[p]Fritz

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Fritz,
    I think this is what your looking for.[p]Larry

[ul][li]Jerky Screens[/ul]
  • Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Options
    Fritz,[p]I have several of these for doing peppers and sausage. If you have a WalMart look in the OK Joes display they sell for $9.95 and are 15 1/2 inches. I've got one that is about five years old and is still holding up.[p]Zip

• Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Options
    771490074_Main.jpg
    <p />oops........I forgot the image
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Zip, I used the 13" square flat screens from Hi Mountain but your posting looks like a humdinger of a jerky screen. Fritz, go for it. It appears to be even a better unit for Jerky.
    Thanks Zip...good post!
    C~W[p]

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    YB, yeppers..that's the one I use, but if you try to use more than one or two, they are a tight squeeze in stacking.[p]And they will only fit in the large BGE. A 13" square is the maximum in a 18.5" circular opening. One could take out the firering, insert a 16" grill with firebarrier and then bolt stack em in singular screens. Bolt stacking by fastening SSteel bolts to the screen's corners to make legs on the screens. Problem is, the bolts/washers/nuts combo costs about a buck or more each, and takes 4 per screen.
    Won't wear out tho.....:-)
    C~W[p]