Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

When the wind blows...

Options
Sippi
Sippi Posts: 83
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The weather here has turned from a few days of beautiful pre spring to hard cold with rain and gusting wind. I have modified a gas vent cap to keep the rain out of the BGE but wind is a different problem .Apparently with the top and bottoms vents opened only minutely, gusting sustained wind causes the temp to rise signifcantly aboe desired level. Any preventitive measures which have worked for any of you would be appreciated.

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Sippi, mine slips right over the daisy after the daisy is preset. The vent caps come in different sizes and can also be hand made to fit. I am thinking about making one out of copper or brass metal. For grins..! I have also used a thin ceramic brick and laid it inside across the band. If you want to also consider using some HD aluminum foil and closing off a portion of the opening facing the wind. I also made a bent metal baffle to sit in front of the ash vent door to prevent direct winds.
    Thoughts for ya..!!
    C~W[p]