Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

grilled pork chops recipe

Options
Babyray
Babyray Posts: 250
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I need to grill 6 pork chops l to ll/2 in thick tomorrow night on my large bge. I would appreciate any good recipe along with the proper time and temps.[p]thanks[p]Ray

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Babyray, Chops are good many ways. From a mustard slather and char-crust to brined chops...one of my favorite. Check the link for a killer recipe. You won't believe how juicy these come out.[p]Our friends Spice Cooks are back in action after a long break from no egging while living in a place where they weren't permitted. Big contributors, and top notch recipes! [p]Cheers! Enjoy the chops.
    NB

[ul][li]Spice Cooks' Brined Chops[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Options
    Babyray,[p]Nature Boy's info is right on. If you haven't got time for a brine, try Lysander's Pork rub. Real nice taste on chops.[p]Jethro
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Babyray,
    You are in for a treat. I just did them a last night, with Char Crust. On a large BGE I would set the temperature for 600 degrees and sear them for three minutes a side and let them dwell 8 to 10 minutes. They will be better than some steaks that you will have.[p]If you cannot find Char Crust or Lysander’s Pork Rub, then go with JJ’s rub on top of a mustard slather.[p]Hope this helps,
    RhumAndJerk

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Babyray,[p]
    JJ's rub.
    Simple. Elegant. Easy. [p]Carey