Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great, Stuffed Loin Chops -- thanks to Lovestocook

Options
BobS
BobS Posts: 2,485
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The recipe for these stuffed chops was posted a few days ago and I knew I had to try them. The sauce was easy and really set off the chops. I cooked them direct at about 375, to 140 internal.[p]Bacon-WrappedStuffedLoinChops.jpg[p]A repeat of the original description of the cook and the recipe is shown below.[p]Stuffed Loin Chops
BGE Forum by Lovestocook[p]Last weekend I took a pork loin and cut it into 1 1/4 inch chops, then cut a pocket in each chop and filled it with a mixture of cream cheese and Dizzy Pig Raging River Rub, then wrapped two pieces of bacon around the parameter of each chop and fastened with tooth picks, then took kitchen string and wrapped around each chop, to form a cross over the top of the chop and sprinkled with Dizzy Pig Raging River Rub, then on the egg they went, along with some apple chips. When they were within 5 minutes of being done, I combined in a small pot, apricot preserves, dried cranberries and 1 tbsp of prepared horseradish and heated until warm. I served the warmed sauce over the pork loin chops and they were amazing... when we cut into the chops, the cream cheese came out and mixed with the sauce. The meat was amazingly tender... This could possible be the best meal I have cooked on the egg, so far![p]6 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. ground Dizzy Pig Raging River Rub
4 pork loin or rib chops, cut 1 to 1-1/4 inches thick
Dizzy Pig Raging River Rub
Bacon for wrapping
2/3 cup apricot preserves
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1 Tbsp. prepared horseradish[p]