Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small Green Egg Transport?

Options
Peggy
Peggy Posts: 122
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I recently bought a small green egg to use for tailgates, I need to figure out a way to transport to and from the game. To hot to put back in the Tahoe after cooking prior to the gane, and I am afraid to leave it outside the car. Other than buying an enclosed trailor anyone else had this problem? Thought about buying some type receiver to go on my trailor hitch and chaining it down to the car.

Comments

• BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    Peggy,
    Here is a link to a interesting transporter from WessB's web site. Still need to figure out how to lock everything down. I don't think that you want the BGE inside the car (CO, heat, smell).

[ul][li]Transporter for Small BGE -- WessB[/ul]
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Peggy,
    You could always build the transport BobS linked to and buy a truck with a topper. :>)

• wayne
    Options
    Peggy,
    I use one like the one listed(WessB's) below to transport my small BGE in my camper with no problems, though I have to admit that the egg is cold before putting it in the transporter.
    Wayne

• Sandbagger
    Options
    Peggy, build the the transporter as suggested. Then I suggest a pair of welding gloves and a small metal trash can with lid. Cook as usual, then as soon as possible, use the gloves to dump the lump in the metal container. Add water to lump and extingush. Keep egg open to cool down. Last thing you do before entering the stadium is close up and move the egg into the Tahoe and transporter. Metal container stays outside with all the appropriate warnings. Some stadiums have charcoal dump sites.[p]I might also suggest a test run at home one day, to see how long it takes to cool down the egg. Also, build the transporter to act as a base when cooking. Just one guy's idea...T