Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cheap Dinner

Options
Why1504
Why1504 Posts: 277
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This afternoon I stopped at the local meat market. They had boneless porkchops for $1.99 per lb. The smallest package was 4.29. They were thin and not really up to standard but we wanted something easy and different. When I got home it began to look like it would rain. I decided to try something different and set up the egg to do a direct smoke @ 250 for 30 minutes and then heat it up to give them a good crust. The chops were different cuts and thin. I took Dizzy Dust, Swamp Venom, and Raging River and dusted all the chops with different rubs. Some I preped with a light coat of mustard before rubbubg some I didn't. But I did put a heavy coat of rub on all the chops. And put them on the BGE. Well, all we ate were the chops and I expected there woould be some left over. There all gone, and they were execellent. Lots of spice, moist and for the most part tender. I would do this again, they were very satisfying.