Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is the BGE worth it

Options
2»

Comments

• Bought BGE back in June despite wife's objections. My brother first introduced me to the fine taste of BGE cooking. Doesn't compare to my gas or charcoal Webers. Smoke cooked a small pork shoulder for the family last weekend. It was a hit. Did beer can chicken on it a couple weeks ago and it was better than ever compared to doing it on Weber gasser.
  • tn slagamater,
    I just bought one 12 weeks ago, have fixed steak, chicken, steaks last nite which I thought were excellent. My family still does not like the wood taste. They insist I try regular charcoal. Are you familiar with cooking on BGE w/charcoal? I will advise anyone who is a beginner to watch the video. Much better than trying to go by the cookbook instructions. Please reply, I am franic over this situation. prupatterson@ctc.net

• Slo-n-Lo Joe
    Options
    pru patterson,[p]You might want to try a different brand of lump, and also be sure to let the fire settle, I made the common mistake of placing food in the Egg too early and got less than perfect results.
    If the rest of the family doesn't come to love food from the Egg, think about trading them in.[p]Joe

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    pru patterson,
    I've tried to email you, but if nothing else please have your family read this - though there are numerous sources on the internet. [p]I swear when most people hear all the crap that goes in to briquettes they will swear off eating anything cooked with them EVER again!

[ul][li]click here about briquettes[/ul]
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.