Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket in the Oven now on Warm How Long?

Options
Kinger
Kinger Posts: 147
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I think a learned a lesson last night. I had a big whole brisket on for 10 hours and added a smallish pork shoulder above it just before bed time(11a). I think my mistake was laying the guru pit thermomenter down on the cooking gride instead of clipping it to something seperate. I think that the cool temp of the pork kept the smaller upper metal coooking grid temp down and the pit thermometer was thermo coupled to it. I believe this fooled the Guru into thinking the fire was lower than it was. I came out at 1am or so to find the the temp approaching 400. I tried to get the temp down but we all know how hard it can be to go that way with egg temps. I ended up pulling the brisket and foiling into the oven on warm (2am) because it was nearly done. HOW LONG CAN IT STAY THERE? I stuck my thermapen in the oven for a minute or so and it read 151. I did finally move the pit thermometer onto the meat thermometer and the pork shoulder cook seems to be on target. I am not sure what the early high temps may have done to the end result for the pork but will find out after church.[p]JNK